Addressing The Address Issue
No Address …. Really?
After coming back from Print13 I began my “post-tradeshow/event” ritual. It is the same for every trip I make:
- I go through everything gathering every scrap of paper whether it be business cards, receipts, brochures, etc. from my five day trip.
- I sort expense receipts by day, business cards with and without notes, notes from meetings and information that I want to read and review.
- Do my expenses
- Follow up on any action items I may have noted on business cards.
- Pass along business cards to be put in my database
- Follow up on any notes I have taken
- WRITE personal notes to people I met
I know personal notes are a dying tradition but I really think they are powerful and but I am starting to understand why fewer people write them.
I collected 31 cards from 16 different companies of which 12 individuals from six companies did not have a mailing address on their business card. That is 37% roughly of the companies.
Why do people do this? Do they save that much space? So I go to their website and 4 of the 6 companies do not have their address under the “contact us” tab.
I sent them an email, requested their address and mailed them the note despite their best effort.
Can anyone tell me why you would not have your address on your business card or certainly some place obvious on your website?