Merriments, Milestones and Motion for Xplor in 2012
Happy New Year!
I hope all of you had a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and enjoyable New Years.
It would be understatement to say that 2011 was an interesting year and that most people hope 2012 will be more prosperous.
Like most organizations 2011 was a challenging but successful one for Xplor. Despite everything that is going on in the economy and our industry, we are still here, due solely to your support and participation. (Without you there would be no Xplor) I did want to a brief report of milestones in 2011:
- A successful 2011 Conference and Vendor Forum with a 29% increase in attendance
- Successful conference at Graph Expo with 20% growth
- 2011 XDU On the Road program – 6 new cities
- Growing webinar curriculum (over 3000 individual participants)
- Monthly Lunch and Learn program
- Implemented a new conference registration system
- Launched new Industry Services division
- Grew membership 2.5% (in a very tough economy)
The plan for 2012 is to expand programming, information and continuing to grow value to our members and the industry that will keep you on the leading edge of document technology. This is some of what we have planned for 2012: (if you have any other ideas please contact me me)
- 20+ educational webinars
- Monthly Lunch and Learn webinars (see the 2011 archives)
- New – On-line training programs
- New – Xplor “easy to navigate” website
- New – Some additional member benefits (Discounts on goods and services)
- GREAT 2012 Xplor Conference and Vendor Forum – March 27-29
- XDU On the Road 2012 (10 cities)
- 2012 Xplor at Graph Expo – Oct 8-9
My thanks to you all for your support and participation. I extend my best wishes for a prosperous and healthy 2012.
Until next time …..