By: Skip Henk, EDP – CEO of Xplor International
On April 20, 2017 Xplor International will be sponsoring an educational session, targeted to wide format printers at SIGN EXPO 2017. The session being held April 20th from 2:30-3:30 pm is part of a great educational program put together by ISA.
Since the announcement, I have had several members ask me why ISA? What does Xplor and ISA have in common?
I have spoken many times about my theory that lines continue to blur between technologies.
- That data differentiates applications
- Data is simply dots on a media
- One day there will be an “output center”, a kind of an expanded “in-plant” that will handle all output whether print or digital on all media
So back to ISA: The event which attracts approximately 20,000 attendees and features 600 exhibitors. It is a BIG event. Peeling back the onion:
- The event attracts a lot of printers, certainly a great target audience for Xplor education.
- There are many wide format vendors, from our space, that exhibit at ISA
- There are attendees looking for inkjet.
- There is an opportunity for Xplor to provide inkjet educational programming.
- Wide format and effective use of data, can be a great opportunity for ISA attendees.
- No organization knows data as well as the Xplor Community.
So, what does data and wide format printing have in common? Data allows versioning, segmentation, barcoding, QR codes, augmented print and more.
The session Xplor is sponsoring will be presented by Pat McGrew, M-EDP, CMP and is titled, “Wide Format: Using Data to Increase Profit and Create Opportunity.” Pat will focus on the opportunity for wide format printers to grow their market by using data-driven design techniques used by transaction printers and direct mailers.
Session Description: Wide Format printers can grow their market by using data-driven design techniques used by transaction printers and direct mailers. Xplor International, the go-to resource for education for transaction printers and direct mailers will share with you how to apply use of data to the sign, graphics and visual communications industry. Take a few notes, walk away with new ideas and see how some of your competitors are making money using these tried and true methods. The session being held April 20th, from 2:30 – 3:30 pm in room Islander C.
I see a great deal of opportunity working with ISA in the future and look forward to the possibilities.
Receive a free tradeshow entry as well as free entry to the 6 print sessions (ISA-09, ISA-15, ISA-18, ISA-20, ISA-28, ISA-33) plus 25% off additional education. Check out our promotional flyer for more details: http://bit.ly/2nVCYeU
It is going to be a GREAT conference and GREAT session. Hope to see you in Vegas!
Skip Henk, EDP